To follow all state regulations for volunteers in a school, there are three (3) mandatory Clearances that must be completed and submitted to the ROLCA Office prior to volunteering at River of Life Christian Academy.
If you would like to be a chaperone for a field trip, please note that all three (3) PA-required Clearances must be on file with the ROLCA Office no later than one week (7 days) prior to the date of the field trip. This deadline will allow teachers to view the parental interest and be able to adequately plan chaperone numbers as well as necessary transportation details.
New ROLCA Families
If you are a new family to ROLCA, your clearances must be new or have been completed within the past year. If your Clearances are dated more than 1 year ago, you will need to pull new Clearances before chaperoning or volunteering within the school.
Once new or updated Clearances have been completed and submitted to the ROLCA Office, they will be valid with ROLCA for five (5) years from the date printed on each certificate.
All Volunteers must have Clearances that are clear of child abuse and molestation.
1. ACT 151 – PA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE
Each volunteer must submit a copy of an official clearance statement obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services or a statement from the Department of Human Services that no record exists.
1. Login/Registration – Go to www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. Select “Create Individual Account” if this is your first application. Select “Individual Login” if you remember your former login/password. Wherever necessary, please designate VOLUNTEER as the purpose for this Clearance.
2. Payment – There is no fee if this is your first time to apply or it has been 58 months or longer since you last applied. If you have applied for this Clearance within 36-57 months, there is a fee to pull this Clearance again.
3. Access Report – Once completed, please login to the compass website with your Keystone ID to see if your Clearance is completed. It is taking several weeks to receive paperwork in the mail. If it is available on the site earlier, please send your electronic file over to the ROLCA office.
2. ACT 34 – PA STATE POLICE CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK
Each volunteer must submit a copy of an official clearance statement obtained from the Pennsylvania State Police that no record exists.
1. Login/Registration – Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us. Select the yellow box labeled “New Record Check” for Volunteers only.
2. Payment – There is a no fee to complete this Clearance.
3. Access Report – Results should be available immediately. Once provided, please email your certificate to the ROLCA office.
3. ACT 114 OF 2006, SECTION III OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOL CODE – FEDERAL FINGERPRINTING CLEARANCE
There are 2 ways to comply with this Clearance.
Volunteer Waiver – If you have lived in PA for the last 10 consecutive years AND have not been convicted of, currently charged with, or been under investigation for any criminal offense, you may sign a volunteer waiver in the ROLCA office.
Federal Fingerprinting – If you have not lived in PA for the last 10 consecutive years OR you have been convicted of, currently charged with, or been under investigation for any criminal offense, you must complete the Federal Fingerprinting Process.
The fingerprint-based background check is a multiple-step process, as follows:
1. Registration – The volunteer must register prior to going to the fingerprint site. Walk in service is allowed but all volunteers are required to complete pre-enrollment in the new Universal Enrollment system. Pre-enrollment can be completed online or over the phone. The registration website is available online 24 hours/day, seven days per week at https://uenroll.identogo.com. Telephonic registration is available at 1-844-321-2101 Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm EST.
When registering on-line, a volunteer must use the appropriate agency specific Service Code to ensure they are processed through the PA Department of Education. The 6-Character Service Code for ROLCA is: 1KG6V5
2. Payment – The volunteer will pay a fee for the fingerprint service and to secure an unofficial copy of the Criminal History Record.
3. Fingerprint Locations – After registration, the volunteer must proceed to the fingerprint site of their choice for electronic fingerprinting. The location of the fingerprint sites along with days and hours of operation for each site are posted here.
4. Access Report – Volunteers must provide their UEID# from their receipt to the ROLCA office for the school to retrieve the results.